- Get on a transfer from the airport to your hotel in Puerto Varras
- Enjoy a “free” evening in Puerto Varras
- Catch an evening ferry to Chaiten
- Ride from Chaiten to Las Termas Amarillas in Pumalin National Park
- Cycle past Lake Yelcho on the way to Villa Santa Lucia
- Cross rivers Palena and Rosselot on the way to La Junta
- Ride through Rosselot National Forrest and spend the evening by luxurious hot springs in Puyuhuapi
- Relax in Puyuhuapi or hike in the near-by Queulat National Park
- Cross the Famous Queulat Pass and spend the night in a lakeside cabin
- Cycle to Maninguales to catch a transfer on to Coyhaique
- Transfer from the airport nearby Puerto Montt to Puerto Varas
- 9 nights in private, double-occupancy rooms [B&B / Cabaña]
- Breakfast on days 2-10
- Lunch on days 2-9
- Dinner on days 2-9
- “Support Vehicle + Driver” on days 2-9 [including snacks + water + transportation of gear]
- “Mechanical Assistance” [including cleaning + maintenance]
- “Communication Satellite” [for security reasons only]
- Bike [Giant Talon 27.5]
- Excursions as listed above
- Transfer from Coyhaique to Coyhaique Airport [Balmaceda]
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Anything not listed as included
- Personal trekking gear
- Personal biking gear
- Drinks during lunch or dinner
- Tips for staff or at dinners
- Bedding [i.e. sleeping bag]
- Wind proof and water proof jacket, such as Gore Tex or similar
- Fleece or pile coat
- Quick dry long sleeve t-shirt
- Quick dry or cotton short sleeve t-shirt
- Winter hat, beanie
- Light gloves
- Quick dry hiking socks
- Quick dry, light weight long underwear bottoms
- Quick dry and breathable windproof pants
- Light trekking boots and/or gym shoes
Other necessary items
- Sleeping bag (-5°C for Nov. – Mar. trips, -15°C for April – Oct. trips)
- Water bottle (1.000cc)
- Sun glasses
- Chap Stick with sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- Backpack (big enough for all your personal things)
- Shower Shoes, flip flops
- Head lamp and/or flashlight
DAY 1: Arrive in Puerto Varas
Puerto Montt – Puerto Varas
A transfer will pick you up from the airport in Puerto Montt to take you to Puerto Varas. This small, German town is located along Lake Llanquihue, about 20 minutes from Puerto Montt. It has a gorgeous view of many nearby mountains and volcanoes. You will be able to spend the afternoon enjoying the town.
DAY 2: Prepare to Cycle
Puerto Varas – Chaiten
You will have some time in the morning to prepare for the next few days of cycling and to gather any last-minute supplies. In the evening, you will board a ferry that will take you to Chaiten, a town devastated by a volcanic ash eruption in 2008.
DAY 3: Visit the Termas del Amarillo
Chaiten – Termas del Amarillo
In the morning, we will arrive to the small town of Chaiten. There will be some time to look around before we begin cycling approximately 30 km southwards to Las Termas del Amarillo. Las Termas are located inside of Pumalin National Park, you will be able to enjoy beautiful surrounds in this park before dinner and a good sleep.
DAY 4: Enjoy Villa Santa Lucia
Las Termas del Amarillo – Santa Lucia
In the morning, we will begin peddling towards Puerto Cardenas, approximately 20 km away. From this small town, we will have a beautiful view of Lake Yelcho. We’ll stop for a few photos before continuing onwards to Villa Santa Lucia, 36 km away. We will arrive to Villa Santa Lucia just in time for a quick look around and a delicious dinner!
DAY 5: Visit La Junta
Santa Lucia – La Junta
Today will be a high energy day! We will have an early breakfast before beginning our 70 km ride to La Junta. This town is known as “Pueblo del Encuentro” (Meeting Town). During the day, we will cross the beautiful Palena River and Rosselot River. There will be various stops for photographs before arriving to La Junta in the evening.
DAY 6: Ride through Rosselot National Forrest
La Junta – Puyuhuapi
Today will be an easier ride. We will cycle approximately 66 km on gravel roads, crossing both Rosselot National Forest and Lake Risopatron. We will stop in Puyuhuapi for lunch, the town is near Queulat National Park. In the afternoon, a boat from a nearby hotel will pick us up and take us to the nearby hot springs, where we will relax and enjoy the evening in luxury!
DAY 7: Relax in Puyuhuapi
Today, we can enjoy the breath-taking landscapes by trekking in the nearby national park, however, if you like, you may relax in the hot springs and take a day to rest.
DAY 8: Cruise down the Queulat Pass
Puyuhuapi – Amengual
Today will be an early start as we prepare to ride across the famous Queulat Pass! It has approximately 33 switchbacks and reaches 500 m above sea level. Upon finally reaching the top, we will go downhill until we meet a paved road where it is possible to peddle into Amengual more quickly. We won´t stop in the city, however, we will continue until arriving at Lake Las Torres, where we will stop for the night in cosy fly-fishing cabins.
DAY 9: Arrive at Coyhaique
Amengual – Maniguales – Coyhaique
Today, we will peddle from Amengual to the small town called Maniguales, on a road with both paved and gravel sections. The views are amazing! We will see valleys lined with towering peaks, canyons, and rivers. After stopping for lunch in Maniguales we will continue to the next town by bus. It is approximately 64 km to Coyhaique, which is the biggest city in the region as well as the commercial centre for this part of Patagonia. We will spend the night in town and you will have the opportunity to explore city life again.
DAY 10: Continue your Journey
Today, you will leave Coyhaique at whatever time is necessary for you to catch your flight. The airport is located a short distance from the city centre in an area called Balmaceda.